Enhanced high temperature hydrogen permeation characteristics of V-Ni alloy membranes containing a trace amount of yttrium
- Enhanced high temperature hydrogen permeation characteristics of V-Ni alloy membranes containing a trace amount of yttrium
- 오주영; 고원석; 서진유; 이영수; 이병주; 윤우영; 심재혁
- Hydrogen separation; Hydrogen purification; Membrane; V-Ni; Permeation; Diffusion; Yttrium; Interdiffusion
- Issue Date
- Scripta materialia
- VOL 116, NO 1, 122-126
- The hydrogen permeation behaviors of V85Ni15 and V84.8Ni15Y0.2 membranes with palladium coating layers were compared at 480 °C, which is considered high temperature for conventional vanadium alloy-based membranes. Although the hydrogen permeability of the V85Ni15 membrane drastically decreased over time, that of the V84.8Ni15Y0.2 membrane was sustained for 12 days. The role of yttrium in the membrane was to effectively hinder interdiffusion between the Pd coating layers and the V alloy substrate during hydrogen permeation. The results of the present study provide important clues for the development of hydrogen permeable metallic membranes for high temperature applications.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.