Doxorubicin/gold-loaded core/shell nanoparticles for combination therapy to treat cancer through the enhanced tumor targeting
- Doxorubicin/gold-loaded core/shell nanoparticles for combination therapy to treat cancer through the enhanced tumor targeting
- 권익찬; 김광명; 김인산; 이범석; Kyungim Kim; Keun Sang Oh; Dal Yong Park; Jae Young Lee; SangYoon Kim; Soon Hong Yuk
- Combination therapy; Core/shell nanoparticles; Doxorubicin; Gold nanoparticles; Radiotherapy
- Issue Date
- Journal of controlled release
- VOL 228, 141-149
- A combination therapy consisting of radiotherapy and chemotherapy is performed using the core/shell nanoparticles (NPs) containing gold NPs and doxorubicin (DOX). Gold NPs in the core/shell NPs were utilized as a radiosensitizer. To examine the morphology and size distribution of the core/shell NPs, transmittance electron microscopy and dynamic light scattering were used. The in vitro release behavior, cellular uptake and toxicity were also observed to verify the functionality of the core/shell NPs as a nanocarrier. To demonstrate the advantage of the core/shell NPs over traditional gold NPs reported in the combination therapy, we evaluated the accumulation behavior of the core/shell NPs at the tumor site using the biodistribution. Antitumor efficacy was observed with and without radiation to evaluate the role of gold NPs as a radiosensitizer.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.