Single-step metal-organic vapor-phase diffusion for low-dark-current planar-type avalanche photodiodes
- Single-step metal-organic vapor-phase diffusion for low-dark-current planar-type avalanche photodiodes
- 김민수; 전동환; 정해용; 김영조; 신찬수; 박경호; 박원규; 김상인; 문성욱; 한상욱
- Photodiodes; III-V materials; diffusion
- Issue Date
- Journal of the Korean Physical Society
- VOL 69, NO 8-1346
- In this paper, a p-type diffusion process based literally on single-step metal-organic vapor-phase diffusion (MOVPD) employing diethyl zinc as the diffusion source in combination with the recessetching technique is developed to improve the dark-current characteristics of planar-type avalanche photodiodes (APDs). The developed single-step MOVPD process exhibits on excellent linear relationship between the diffusion depth and the square root of the diffusion time, which mainly results from maintaining constant source diffusion. The single-step MOVPD process without any additional thermal activation process achieves a surface doping concentration of 1.9 × 1018 cm -3, which is sufficient to form ohmic contact. The measured diffusion profiles of the APDs clearly reveal the presence of a two-dimensional diffusion front formed by the recess-etched and guard-ring regions. The impact of this p-type diffusion process on the performance of the APD devices has also been demonstrated by exhibiting improved dark-current characteristics for the fabricated APDs.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.