Long-Circulating Au-TiO2 Nanocomposite as a Sonosensitizer for ROS-Mediated Eradication of Cancer
- Long-Circulating Au-TiO2 Nanocomposite as a Sonosensitizer for ROS-Mediated Eradication of Cancer
- 권익찬; 김광명; 최기영; 유동길; 엄우람; V.G.Deepagan; 고혜원; 권승리; 이기라; 이준영; 이두성; 박재형
- Au-TiO2 nanocomposite; prolonged circulation; ultrasound; ROS; enhanced sonodynamic therapy
- Issue Date
- Nano letters
- VOL 16, NO 10-6264
- Although sonodynamic therapy (SDT) has emerged as a potential alternative to conventional photo dynamic therapy, the low quantum yield of the sonosensitizer such as TiO2 nanoparticles (NPs) is still a major concern. Here, we have developed hydrophilized Au-TiO2 nano composites (HAu-TiO2 NCs) as sonosensitizers for improved SDT. The physicochemical properties of HAu-TiO2 NCs were thoroughly studied and compared with their counterparts without gold deposition. Upon exposure of HAu-TiO2 NCs to ultrasoUnd, a large quantity of reactive oxygen species (ROS) were generated, leading to complete suppression of tumor growth after their systemic administration in vivo. Overall, it was evident that the composites of gold with TiO2 NPs significantly augmented the levels of ROS generation, implying their potential as SDT agents for Cancer therapy.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.