FTIR spectroscopic studies of polar nematic liquid crystals in various molecular arrangements
- FTIR spectroscopic studies of polar nematic liquid crystals in various molecular arrangements
- 김준경; 안석훈; 김영주; 이몽룡; 왕혁식; 송기국
- FTIR; Liquid crystal; Alignment; Molecular association; Band intensity
- Issue Date
- Vibrational spectroscopy
- VOL 92-187
- Polar nematic liquid crystals with four different molecular arrangements were studied using FTIR spectroscopy to understand how molecular interactions of polar liquid crystals affect IR band intensities. It was found that molecular associations formed between polar rigid parts of E7 molecules are responsible for the reduction of IR intensities of bands from the core parts of liquid crystals. The liquid crystal molecular associations become more significant as the thickness of liquid crystal increases.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.