Fiber bundle-based integrated platform for wide-field fluorescence imaging and patterned optical stimulation for modulation of vasoconstriction in the deep brain of a living animal
- Fiber bundle-based integrated platform for wide-field fluorescence imaging and patterned optical stimulation for modulation of vasoconstriction in the deep brain of a living animal
- 신현준; 홍진기; 김민경; 김진식
- fiber bundle based imaging; optogenetics; endoscope; optical stimulation; in vivo deep brain imaging; vasoconstriction
- Issue Date
- Biomedical optics express[electronic resource].
- VOL 8, NO 6-2795
- We report a fiber optics-based intravital fluorescence imaging platform that includes epi-fluorescence microscopy and laser patterned-light stimulation system. The platform can perform real-time fluorescence imaging with a lateral resolution of ~4.9 μm while directly inserted into the intact mouse brain, optically stimulate vasoconstriction during real-time imaging, and avoid vessel damage in the penetration path of imaging probe. Using 473-nm patterned-light stimulation, we successfully modulated the vasoconstriction of a single targeted 37-μm-diameter blood vessel located more than 4.7 mm below the brain surface of a live SM22-ChR2 mouse. This platform may permit the hemodynamic studies associated with deeper brain neurovascular disorders.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.