Synthesis and characterization of DyxCo1-xFe2-xO4 nanoparticles
- Synthesis and characterization of DyxCo1-xFe2-xO4 nanoparticles
- 채근화; Jitendra Pal Singh; Hemaunt Kumar; R.C. Srivastava; K.R. Patel
- Nanoparticles; Raman spectroscopy; Moessbauer spectroscopy; Magnetic materials
- Issue Date
- Superlattices and microstructures
- VOL 109-306
- In the present work, we report the synthesis of Dy doped CoFe2O4 nanoparticles using chemical method. Doping of Dy ions upto 0.15 in the host lattice does not result into impurity phase as revealed from X-ray diffraction (XRD) and Raman spectroscopy measurments. Near edge X-ray absorption fine structure measurments show the modification of Fe(3d)-O(2p) states and onset of 3+ valence state of Dy ions. Rietveld Refinment of XRD patterns, Mö ssbauer spectroscopy and Fe K-edge extended X-ray absorption fine structure measurments show cation reditribution after doping with Dy ions. All the synthesized nanoparticles exhibit ferrimagnetic like behavior. Coercivity increases with Dy doping concentration. Variation of saturation magnetization with Dy concentration is explained on the basis of cation redistribution and size effect.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.