Band-Gap States of AgIn5S8 and ZnS-AgIn5S8 Nanoparticles
- Band-Gap States of AgIn5S8 and ZnS-AgIn5S8 Nanoparticles
- 민병권; 정성현; 윤희창; 한노수; 오지혜; 박승민; 도영락; 송재규
- bandgap; nanoparticle
- Issue Date
- The Journal of Physical Chemistry C
- VOL 121, NO 5-3155
- The size-dependent band-gap energies of AgIn5S8 nanoparticles were directly measured for the first time using absorption and photoluminescence spectroscopies, which enabled an explanation of the evolution of the band-gap energy with the quantum-confinement effect in AgIn5S8 nanoparticles. The band-gap transition in steady-state and time-resolved photoluminescence spectra indicated that the stable structure of the AgIn5S8 nanoparticles was the cubic phase. The electronic band structures of the Ag-In-S nanoparticles were mainly related to the crystal structures, although the stoichiometry affected the band energies to some extent. Zn doping led to the formation of a ZnS-AgIn5S8 solid solution, as supported by the significant changes in the electronic band structures of the AgIn5S8 nanoparticles. Controlling the size and stoichiometry allowed the emission of the Ag-In-S nanoparticles to be tuned in the entire visible regime.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.