MEMS Fabrication of Neural electrode with Microchannel using Photosensitive Polyimide
- MEMS Fabrication of Neural electrode with Microchannel using Photosensitive Polyimide
- 김진석; 김옥철; 정우현; 최원석; 정선영; 박형달; Seok Chung
- MEMS Probe; Peripheral Nerve; Microchannel; Glia Scar Formation; Nerve Regeneration
- Issue Date
- Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBC)
- Neural electrode with microchannel structure that carries nerve growth factor (NGF) is suggested for the peripheral nerve interface. In order to overcome the degradation of the electrode due to the glial scar formation, neural electrode with microchannel was fabricated. Electrochemical characterization was performed on the gold patterned electrodes and observed low electrochemical impedance (503.9􀀁 􀀃 ) suitable for neuronal recording. Fabricated neural electrode was implanted in the sciatic nerve of the rat to observe the feasibility of chronic implantation and signal acquisition.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Conference Paper
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.