Physiological Effects of Ac4ManNAz and Optimization of Metabolic Labeling for Cell Tracking
- Physiological Effects of Ac4ManNAz and Optimization of Metabolic Labeling for Cell Tracking
- 김광명; 한상수; 이동은; 심혜은; 이상민; 정택희; 오정화; 이향애; 문성환; 전종호; 윤석주; 강선웅
- Metabolic labeling; Azido-sugar; Modified glycosylation; Azido group; Physiology
- Issue Date
- VOL 7, NO 5-1176
- Metabolic labeling techniques are powerful tools for cell labeling, tracking and proteomic analysis.However, at present, the effects of the metabolic labeling agents on cell metabolism and physiology are not known. To address this question, in this study, we analyzed the effects of cells treated with Ac4ManNAz through microarray analysis and analyses of membrane channel activity, individual bio-physiological properties, and glycolytic flux. According to the results, treatment with 50 μM Ac4ManNAz led to the reduction of major cellular functions, including energy generation capacity, cellular infiltration ability and channel activity. Interestingly, 10 μM Ac4ManNAz showed the least effect on cellular systems and had a sufficient labeling efficiency for cell labeling, tracking and proteomic analysis. Based on our results, we suggest 10 μM as the optimum concentration of Ac4ManNAz for in vivo cell labeling and tracking. Additionally, we expect that our approach could be used for cell-based therapy for monitoring the efficacy of molecule delivery and the fate of recipient cells.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.