A gradient activation method for direct methanol fuel cells
- A gradient activation method for direct methanol fuel cells
- 이중기; 김지영; Guicheng Liu; Zhaoyi Yang; Martin Halim; Xinyang Li; Manxiang Wang; Qiwen Mei; Xindong Wang
- Direct methanol fuel cells; Gradient activation; Conditioning method; Mass transfer channel; Activation mechanism
- Issue Date
- Energy conversion and management
- VOL 138-60
- To realize gradient activation effect and recover catalytic activity of catalyst in a short time, a gradient activation method has firstly been proposed for enhancing discharge performance and perfecting activation mechanism of the direct methanol fuel cell (DMFC). This method includes four steps, i.e. proton activation, activity recovery activation, H2-O2 mode activation and forced discharging activation. The results prove that the proposed method has gradually realized replenishment of water and protons, recovery of catalytic activity of catalyst, establishment of transfer channels for electrons, protons, and oxygen, and optimization of anode catalyst layer for methanol transfer in turn. Along with the novel activation process going on, the DMFC discharge performance has been improved, step by step, to more than 1.9 times higher than that of the original one within 7.5 h. This method provides a practicable activation way for the real application of single DMFCs and stacks.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.