Role of silver doping on the defects related photoluminescence and antibacterial behaviour of zinc oxide nanoparticles
- Role of silver doping on the defects related photoluminescence and antibacterial behaviour of zinc oxide nanoparticles
- 채근화; Jai Prakash; Jitendra Pal Singh; C. Swart; Vinod Kumar; O.M. Ntwaeaborwa; H.C. Swart; Viresh Dutta
- ZnO:Ag nanoparticles; Defects; Photoluminescence; XPS; XANES; Antibacterial behaviour
- Issue Date
- Colloids and surfaces. B, Biointerfaces
- VOL 159-199
- The Ag doped ZnO (ZnO:Ag) NPs with a hexagonal wurtzite structure were synthesized by a solution combustion method. X-ray absorption near edge structure (XANES) and X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy (XPS) were used to study the defects, local electronic and atomic structures before and after Ag doping. XPS and XANES studies confirmed the deficiency of concentration of defects in ZnO after Ag doping. The photoluminescence study showed the deep level emission in the orange-red region in addition to the band to band emission. It was also found that the defect related emission of ZnO was decreased with an increasing in Ag concentration. The antibacterial behaviour of ZnO and ZnO:Ag NPs was studied against the gram positive and gram negative bacteria. The role of Ag doping and defects in the ZnO NPs were discussed for the observed antibacterial and photoluminescence behaviour.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.