Effect of 1-allyl-1-methylpyrrolidinium chloride addition to ethylmagnesium bromide electrolyte on a rechargeable magnesium battery
- Effect of 1-allyl-1-methylpyrrolidinium chloride addition to ethylmagnesium bromide electrolyte on a rechargeable magnesium battery
- 조병원; 오시형; 정경윤; 하정훈; 조재현; 이상훈; 나병기; 김광범
- rechargeable magnesium battery; electrolyte solution; 1-allyl-1methylpyrrolidinium chloride; Grignard solution; anodic stability
- Issue Date
- Electrochimica acta
- VOL 231-385
- The ionic liquid 1-allyl-1-methylpyrrolidinium chloride was investigated as an additive to an ethylmagnesium bromide Grignard solution, for use as an advanced electrolyte in rechargeable Mg batteries. Electrochemical studies showed that the addition of the ionic liquid significantly enhanced the anodic limit of the Grignard solution by about 1 V and improved the coulombic efficiency and the kinetics of Mg deposition-stripping reactions on the negative electrode. We have also demonstrated that the Grignard solution containing the ionic liquid works well as an electrolyte in a prototype cell consisting of a Mo6S8 Chevrel phase cathode and a Mg metal anode, where the original Grignard electrolyte does not function properly.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.