Newborn screening by matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization mass spectrometry based on parylene-matrix chip
- Newborn screening by matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization mass spectrometry based on parylene-matrix chip
- 강민정; 김조일; 노주윤; 김미라; 박종민; 송현우; 변재철
- MALDI-TOF MS; Parylene-matrix chip; New born screening; Amino acid; Methanol extraction
- Issue Date
- Analytical biochemistry
- VOL 530-39
- Newborn screening for diagnosis of phenylketonuria, homocystinuria, and maple syrup urine disease have been conducted by analyzing the concentration of target amino acids using matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization time-of-flight mass spectrometry (MALDI-ToF MS) based on parylene-matrix chip. Parylene-matrix chip was applied to MALDI-ToF MS analysis reducing the matrix peaks significantly at low mass-to-charge ratio range (m/z < 500). Reproducibility of inter-spot and intra-spot analyses of amino acids was less than 10%. Methanol extraction was adopted for simple and rapid sample preparation of serum before mass spectrometric analysis showing 13.3 to 45% of extraction efficiency. Calibration curves for diagnosis of neonatal metabolic disorders were obtained by analyzing methanol-extracted serum spiked with target amino acids using MALDI-ToF MS. They showed good linearity (R2 > 0.98) and the LODs were ranging from 9.0 to 22.9 μg/mL. Effect of proteins in serum was estimated by comparing MALDI-ToF mass spectra of amino acids-spiked serum before and after the methanol extraction. Interference of other amino acids on analysis of target analyte was determined to be insignificant. From these results, MALDI-ToF MS based on parylene-matrix chip could be applicable to medical diagnosis of neonatal metabolic disorders.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.