Simultaneous Synthesis and Rapid Consolidation of Nanocrystalline 3TiAl-Al2O3 Composites by Pulsed Current Activated Heating
- Simultaneous Synthesis and Rapid Consolidation of Nanocrystalline 3TiAl-Al2O3 Composites by Pulsed Current Activated Heating
- 윤진국; 손인진; 홍경태
- Sintering; Composite; Nanophase; Mechanical properties; Synthesis
- Issue Date
- Journal of nanoscience and nanotechnology
- VOL 17, NO 6-3937
- Nano-powders of Al and TiO were fabricated by high energy ball milling. Nanocrystalline 3TiAl-Al2O3 composite was simultaneously synthesized and consolidated by pulsed current activated sintering within 2 minutes from mechanically milled powders of 3TiO and 5Al. Both hardness and fracture toughness of 3TiAl-Al2O3 composites were higher than that of monolithic TiAl due to addition of hard phase of Al2O3 and crack deflection by Al2O3.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.