High temperature isothermal oxidation behavior of NbSi2 coating at 1000-1450 oC
- High temperature isothermal oxidation behavior of NbSi2 coating at 1000-1450 oC
- 도정만; 홍경태; 윤진국; 김긍호; 최영준; 윤우영
- Intermetallics; SEM; TEM; XRD; Oxidation
- Issue Date
- Corrosion science
- VOL 129-114
- Isothermal oxidation behavior of NbSi2 coating grown on Nb substrate was investigated in air at 1000– 1450 °C. Oxidation rate of NbSi2 coating increased with temperature at 1000– 1300 °C but opposite trend was observed at 1300– 1450 °C. Maximum oxidation rate was obtained at 1300 °C due to the highest porosity of oxide scale. Lowest oxidation rate was observed at 1450 °C due to formation of dense oxide scale by combined effect of volatilization of Nb oxide phase, viscous flow and densification of c-SiO2. Oxidation resistance of NbSi2 coating at these temperatures was governed by some inter-related factors.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.