Suppressing nonradiative recombination in crown-shaped quantum wells
- Suppressing nonradiative recombination in crown-shaped quantum wells
- 김형준; 주건우; 나병훈; 박광욱; 황형용; 조영달; 명노성; 임상엽; 이용탁
- quantum well; GaAs; recombination; crown-shaped
- Issue Date
- Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, Part 1- Regular Papers
- VOL 57, NO 3-030305-4
- We examined the structural and optical properties of a crown-shaped quantum well (CSQW) to suppress nonradiative recombination. To reduce carrier loss in defect traps at the well/barrier interface, the CSQW was designed to concentrate carriers in the central region by tailoring the bandgap energy. Temperature-dependent photoluminescence measurements showed that the CSQW had a high activation energy and low potential fluctuation. In addition, the long carrier lifetime of the CSQW at high temperatures can be interpreted as indicating a decrease in carrier loss at defect traps.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.