Vertical Si Nanowire Arrays Fabricated by Magnetically Guided Metal-Assisted Chemical Etching
- Vertical Si Nanowire Arrays Fabricated by Magnetically Guided Metal-Assisted Chemical Etching
- 천동원; Tae Kyoung Kim; Duyoung Choi; Elizabeth Caldwell; Young Jin Kim; Jae Cheol Paik; Sungho Jin; Renkun Chen
- magnetically guided etching; metal-assisted chemical etching; Si nanowire; anodic aluminum oxide; nano-patterning
- Issue Date
- VOL 27, NO 45-455302-7
- In this work, vertically aligned Si nanowire arrays were fabricated by magnetically guided metal-assisted directional chemical etching. Using an anodized aluminum oxide template as a shadow mask, nanoscale Ni dot arrays were fabricated on an Si wafer to serve as a mask to protect the Si during the etching. For the magnetically guided chemical etching, we deposited a tri-layer metal catalyst (Au/Fe/Au) in a Swiss-cheese configuration and etched the sample under the magnetic field to improve the directionality of the Si nanowire etching and increase the etching rate along the vertical direction. After the etching, the nanowires were dried with minimal surface-tension-induced aggregation by utilizing a supercritical CO2 drying procedure. High-resolution transmission electron microscopy (HR-TEM) analysis confirmed the formation of single-crystal Si nanowires. The method developed here for producing vertically aligned Si nanowire arrays could find a wide range of applications in electrochemical and electronic devices.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.