Improved performance of dual-conducting polymer-coated sulfur composite with high sulfur utilization for lithium-sulfur batteries
- Improved performance of dual-conducting polymer-coated sulfur composite with high sulfur utilization for lithium-sulfur batteries
- 조병원; 정경윤; 정훈기; 이윤성; 정태경; 김용태
- Conducting polymer; Polymer-coated sulfur; Sulfur cathode material; Lithium sulfur battery
- Issue Date
- Journal of alloys and compounds
- VOL 742-876
- This study is aimed at alleviating the inherent disadvantages of sulfur cathodes in lithium-sulfur (Li-S) batteries by encapsulating the sulfur particles with a dual (ionic and electronic)-conducting polymer via a simple, single-step procedure. Successful encapsulation by the polymer was confirmed by microscopic analyses. The encapsulated sulfur electrodes exhibit stable cycling performance and high sulfur utilization; in particular, the cell with 1  wt% dual conducting polymer-coated sulfur particles exhibit the best cycle performance with a discharge capacity of 1002  mAh g− 1 after 100 cycles at 0.2  C-rate. As opposed to various sulfur-carbon composites reported previously, our 1  wt% dual conducting polymer-coated sulfur composite achieves a very high loading level of 99%. This simple strategy of encapsulating sulfur particles with functional polymers could be a potential pathway toward the commercialization of Li-S batteries.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.