Manipulating augmented virtual character using dynamic hierarchical pointing interface
- Manipulating augmented virtual character using dynamic hierarchical pointing interface
- 황재인; 김혜진
- augmented reality; bare-hand interaction; manipulation; virtual character
- Issue Date
- Computer Animation and Virtual Worlds
- VOL 29, NO 3-4-e1824-12
- In this paper, we introduce a bare-hand interaction method for controlling an augmented virtual character. Our method is utilizing a dynamic hierarchical structure of virtual buttons on the natural marker of the environment. Unlike the existing virtual button method, the proposed method can be used to select a very fine level. This method is adequate for controlling an augmented virtual character with a users' various intentions. We implemented several examples
of manipulating an augmented virtual character such as guiding the character, selecting part of the character, and selecting a target object for the character. We also compared the performance of full arrangement and dynamic hierarchical arrangement of virtual buttons. Our method outperforms the full arrangement method, especially in the low index of difficulty. In the user study with 15 participants, the users responded that the proposedmethod was significantly better than the existing full arrangement method regarding efficiency and satisfaction in the case of the fine level selection.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.