Highly Conductive, Stretchable, and Transparent PEDOT:PSS Electrodes Fabricated with Triblock Copolymer Additives and Acid Treatment
- Highly Conductive, Stretchable, and Transparent PEDOT:PSS Electrodes Fabricated with Triblock Copolymer Additives and Acid Treatment
- 이상수; 이진호; 정유라; 이금비; 진상우; 이용휘; 홍수영; 박훈; 김정욱; 하정숙
- stretchable transparent electrode; PEDOT:PSS; triblock copolymer; sulfuric acid treatment; stretchable electronics
- Issue Date
- ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces
- VOL 10, NO 33-28035
- Here, we report on a highly conductive, stretchable, and transparent electrode of poly(3,4-ethylenedioxythiophene):poly(styrenesulfonate) (PEDOT:PSS) fabricated via modification with triblock copolymer, poly(ethylene glycol)-block-poly(propylene glycol)-block-poly(ethylene glycol) (PEO20-PPO70-PEO20, Pluronic P123), and post-treatment with sulfuric acid. The fabricated electrode exhibits high transparency (89%), high electrical conductivity (similar to 1700 S/cm), and minimal change in resistance (similar to 4%) under repetitive stretch-release cycles at 40% tensile strain after stabilization. P123 acts as a secondary dopant and plasticizer, resulting in enhanced electrical conductivity and stretchability of PEDOT:PSS. Furthermore, after sulfuric acid post-treatment, P123 helps the electrode to maintain its stretchability. A successful demonstration of the stretchable interconnection was shown by stretching the P123-modified PEDOT:PSS electrodes, which were connected with light-emitting diodes (LEDs) in series. Finally, a stretchable and transparent touch sensor consisting of our fabricated electrodes and an LED array and stretchable semitransparent supercapacitor were presented, suggesting a great potential of our electrodes in the application to various deformable devices.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.