Optimization of Layout and Path Planning of Surgical Robotic System
- Optimization of Layout and Path Planning of Surgical Robotic System
- 김영준; 응웬꾹끄엉; 권혁동
- Genetic algorithm; medical robot; operating room layout; optimization; path planning
- Issue Date
- International Journal of Control, Automation and Systems
- VOL 15, NO 1-384
- Positioning a surgical robot for optimal operation in a crowded operating room is a challenging task. In the robotic-assisted surgical procedures, the surgical robot’s end-effector must reach the patient’s anatomical targets because repositioning of the patient or surgical robot requires additional time and labor. This paper proposes an optimization algorithm to determine the best layout of the operating room, combined with kinematics criteria and optical constraints applied to the surgical assistant robot system. A new method is also developed for trajectory of robot’s end-effector for path planning of the robot motion. The average deviations obtained from repeatability tests for surgical robot’s layout optimization were 1.4 and 4.2 mm for x and y coordinates, respectively. The results of this study show that the proposed optimization method successfully solves the placement problem and path planning of surgical robotic system in operating room.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.