Recyclable thermoplastic hexagonal boron nitride composites with high thermal conductivity
- Recyclable thermoplastic hexagonal boron nitride composites with high thermal conductivity
- 고문주; 안석훈; 김채빈; 김두헌; 신하은; Jong Kuk Lim
- Polyhexahydrotriazine; Composite; Hexagonal boron nitride; Recyclable; Heat dissipation
- Issue Date
- Composites. Part B, Engineering
- VOL 163-729
- Polymers have been widely adapted as matrix incorporating relatively heavy but functional fillers to produce more practically useful materials with lighter weights in composite industries. In an engineering perspective, processability, ease of mass production, good interfacial interaction with the filler, and recyclability are crucial aspects of the polymeric matrix. To these ends, we herein describe a recyclable, processable, and also readily mass-producible polymer for including functional model hexagonal boron nitride (hBN) filler. The final composite possessing highly aligned hBN was obtained via simple melt pressing, attributing to a good interfacial interaction between the matrix and the hBN along with shear force generated upon manufacturing the composite. As a consequence, the composite exhibited exceptionally high thermal conductivity of 14  W/mK. To further highlight the versatility of the matrix, the incorporated filler was recovered from the composite by depolymerizing the matrix. The recovered hBN displayed equivalent quality as the stock, thus readily reusable for the future.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.