Facile and scalable fabrication of high-energy-density sulfur cathodes for pragmatic lithium-sulfur batteries
- Facile and scalable fabrication of high-energy-density sulfur cathodes for pragmatic lithium-sulfur batteries
- 조원일; 김문석; 도반중; 김민섭; Yongao Xia; 김웅
- Surface functionalization; Large-scale sulfur cathode; Polar binder; Lithium-sulfur batteries
- Issue Date
- Journal of power sources
- VOL 422-112
- Lithium-sulfur battery is garnering much of attention due to its high energy densities, low-cost active material of sulfur and variety of applications in portable electronics. High integrity and consistent qualities of the large-scale sulfur cathode with high energy have to be ensured to construct reliable and practical lithium-sulfur batteries that could supersede advancing lithium-ion batteries. Here, facile and productive approaches are developed to mass-produce functional sulfur hosts and to fabricate large-scale sulfur cathode with high sulfur loading. The functional sulfur host is synthesized by anchoring polyethylenimine at the surface of commercially available carbon at inert conditions with a scale of more than 10  g per batch via simple solution method. Combining the functionalized sulfur host with a polyacrylic acid binder allows high integrity and uniformity of the high sulfur loading cathode to be fabricated in large dimensions. Followed by this approach, the sulfur cathode, 70  ×  6  cm2, is produced with the sulfur loading of >4.3  mg  cm− 2. It is found that 12  wt% of polyethylenimine in the functionalized sulfur host with polyacrylic acid is at optimal condition that presents stable electrochemical performances over 600 cycles.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.