Integration of sputter-deposited multiferroic CoFe2O4？BiFeO3 nanocomposites on conductive La0.7Sr0.3MnO3 electrodes
- Integration of sputter-deposited multiferroic CoFe2O4？BiFeO3 nanocomposites on conductive La0.7Sr0.3MnO3 electrodes
- 최준우; Seung Han Lee; Guo Tian; Tae Cheol Kim; Hyun Kyu Jung; Frederick J Walker; Charles H Ahn; Caroline A Ross; Dong Hun Kim
- multiferroic; nanocomposites
- Issue Date
- VOL 30-105561-13
- The structure, magnetic and ferroelectric properties of sputtered epitaxial CoFe2O4-BiFeO3
(CFO-BFO) nanocomposite thin films grown on La0.7Sr0.3MnO3 (LSMO) layers on (001) oriented SrTiO3 (STO) substrates and on STO-buffered Si are described. The as-grown LSMO thin films were smooth and poorly conductive but the resistivity was reduced and the surfaces roughened after annealing. Cosputtered CFO and BFO on STO formed vertically aligned nanostructures consisting of epitaxial spinel CFO pillars within a perovskite BFO matrix, but the rough surface of the annealed LSMO film promoted additional CFO pillar orientations. A reorientation of the CFO magnetic easy axis to an in-plane direction occurred as the LSMO became thicker due to changes in the strain state of the CFO pillars. The LSMO underlayer enabled the ferroelectric response of the BFO to be measured. Nanocomposites were grown onto LSMO/SrTiO3/Si which provides a path towards large scale integration of electrically contacted nanocomposites on Si.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.