Robust and stretchable self-healing polyurethane based on polycarbonate diol with different soft-segment molecular weight for flexible devices
- Robust and stretchable self-healing polyurethane based on polycarbonate diol with different soft-segment molecular weight for flexible devices
- 박민; 정용채; 안석훈; 이승기; 김영오; 하유미; 이재석; 정재우
- Self-healing; shape memory; polyurethane
- Issue Date
- European polymer journal
- VOL 118-44
- The self-healing polyurethane films have received significant attention due to their unique shape memory behaviors and the hydrogen bonding arising from the urethane linkages. However, it is still a challenge to develop self-healing polyurethane with transparent, high impact resistance, and excellent shape recovery and mechanical properties. In particular, polycarbonate-based polyurethane shows transparency, weatherability and excellent mechanical properties. In this work, transparent self-healing polyurethane film with robust mechanical properties (breaking stress of 26  MPa and elongation at break of 630%) was synthesized by controlling the different molecular weight of the polycarbonate diol and incorporating dynamic disulfide bonds for reversibility. As a result, the self-healing polyurethane film showed an excellent self-healing ability with 98% healing efficiency and excellent shape memory ability with a recovery efficiency of ˃ 92%. In addition, we have identified a potential application for the self-healing flexible substrate in flexible electronics because of their stable electrical resistance even upon mechanical deformation.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.