Continuous Composition Spread and Electrochemical Studies of Low Cobalt Content Li(Ni,Mn,Co)O2 Cathode Materials
- Continuous Composition Spread and Electrochemical Studies of Low Cobalt Content Li(Ni,Mn,Co)O2 Cathode Materials
- 최지원; 임해나; JongSeok Jung; Narendra Singh Parmar; Jae-Seung Lee
- continuous composition spread; Li(Ni; Mn; Co)O2 cathode; low cobalt content; thin film; X-ray near edge spectroscopy
- Issue Date
- VOL 9-375
- Many scientific eorts have been undertaken toward reducing the Co content in LiMn1/3Ni1/3Co1/3O2 cathode materials for thin-film batteries. In this study, we present cathodes with a wide range of Li(Ni, Mn, Co)O2 compositions to determine the material with the best electrochemical performance by changing the ratio of Ni to Mn at a fixed 0.1 at.% of Co by the continuous composition spread sputtering method. The cathode composition measurements by Rutherford backscattering spectroscopy show that the best electrochemical performance is obtained for a composition of Ni:Mn:Co = 19:71:10. The reasons for this improved electrochemical performance are further investigated by X-ray diraction, electrochemical impedance spectroscopy, Fourier-transform infrared spectroscopy, and X-ray absorption near edge spectroscopy.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.