Design and Fabrication of Transformable Head Structures for Endoscopic Catheters
- Design and Fabrication of Transformable Head Structures for Endoscopic Catheters
- 강성철; 박경수; 김계리; 김천우; 최성화; 권성일; Sara Van Kalker; Seok Chang Ryu
- Issue Date
- 2019 International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA)
- We present a transformable catheter head structure for endoscopic catheter allowing the simultaneous use of a camera module and a large tool channel introduced through a small incision. At the site of interest, the head with a camera can be expanded from the initial straight configuration, which opens a window for advancing a tool that is located behind the camera. Two different designs were proposed and prototyped. One option has flexure joints directly fabricated at the distal end of a polymer catheter by laser micro-machining, while another design employs a hinged metal head assembled at the tip of the same type of catheter. The kinematic behavior of each head was evaluated during the head-up and tip steering motions, and compared with each other to draw a selection guideline between them. Experimental results prove the feasibility of the proposed head structure for smarter endoscopic catheters.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Conference Paper
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.