Thermally stable high strain and piezoelectric characteristics of (Li, Na, K)(Nb, Sb)O3CaZrO3 ceramics for piezo actuators
- Thermally stable high strain and piezoelectric characteristics of (Li, Na, K)(Nb, Sb)O3CaZrO3 ceramics for piezo actuators
- 최지원; 남산; 이규탁; 이태곤; 김선우; 채석준; 김은지; 김정석
- leadfree ceramics; phase transition; piezoelectric materials/properties; strain; thermal properties
- Issue Date
- Journal of the American Ceramic Society
- VOL 102, NO 10-6125
- The 0.97(Na0.5K0.5)(Nb1− xSbx)O3‐ 0.03CaZrO3 ceramic with x = 0.09 exhibits a high d33 of 518 pC/N and a strain of 0.13% at 4.0 kV/mm owing to its orthorhombic‐ pseudocubic polymorphic phase boundary (PPB) structure. However, these values decreased considerably above 90°C owing to its low Curie temperature (TC), indicating that its thermal stability is not sufficient for practical applications. Li2O was added to the specimen with x = 0.11 to improve its thermal stability of the strain and d33 by increasing the TC without degrading the actual d33 and strain values. The 0.97(Li0.04Na0.46K0.5)(Nb0.89Sb0.11)O3‐ 0.03CaZrO3 ceramic, having an orthorhombic‐ tetragonal PPB structure, exhibits a d33 of 502 pC/N and a strain of 0.16%. This large strain was maintained up to 150°C and the d33 slightly decreased to 475 pC/N at 130°C. Therefore, this lead‐ free ceramic displays excellent piezoelectric characteristics with improved thermal stability, indicating that it can be applied to piezoelectric actuators.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.