Antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and neuroprotective effects of novel vinyl sulfonate compounds as Nrf2 activator
- Antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and neuroprotective effects of novel vinyl sulfonate compounds as Nrf2 activator
- 배애님; 박기덕; 박종현; 최지원; 신수정; 김현지; 김현정; 이회진; Yong Sun Bahn
- Issue Date
- ACS MEDICINAL CHEMISTRY LETTERS
- VOL 10-1067
- The main pathway responsible for cellular regulation against oxidative stress is nuclear factor E2-related factor-2 (Nrf2) signaling. We previously synthesized and reported a novel vinyl sulfone (1) as an Nrf2 activator with therapeutic potential for Parkinson’s disease (PD). In this study, we changed the vinyl sulfone to vinyl sulfonamide or vinyl sulfonate to improve Nrf2 activating efficacy. We observed that the introduction of vinyl sulfonamide led to a reduction of the effects on Nrf2 activation, whereas vinyl sulfonate compounds exhibited superior activity compared to the vinyl sulfone compounds. Among the vinyl sulfonates, 3c exhibited 6.9- and 83.5-fold higher effects on Nrf2 activation than the corresponding vinyl sulfone (1) and vinyl
sulfonamide (2c), respectively. Compound 3c was confirmed to induce expression of the Nrf2-dependent antioxidant enzymes at the protein level in cells. In addition, 3c mitigated PD-associated behavioral deficits by protecting DAergic neurons in the MPTP-induced mouse model of PD.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.