Production of deoxygenated high carbon number hydrocarbons from furan condensates: Hydrodeoxygenation of biomass-based oxygenates
- Production of deoxygenated high carbon number hydrocarbons from furan condensates: Hydrodeoxygenation of biomass-based oxygenates
- 서동진; 최재욱; 추현아; 하정명; 제정호; 권지선; 서장우; Shin Kim
- Hydrodeoxygenation; Nickel; C15 hydrocarbon; Furan
- Issue Date
- Chemical engineering journal
- VOL 377-119985-13
- Two-step hydrodeoxygenation of furan trimers using supported Ni catalysts was successfully performed by substituting expensive noble metal catalysts for hydrodeoxygenation, which can contribute to the development of feasible hydrodeoxygenation processes with which to prepare high-carbon-number hydrocarbon fuels. Although more cracking of hydrocarbon products was observed for the Ni catalysts, the substitution of noble metal catalysts with Ni catalysts was successful, leading to good HDO activity. The combination of the first step of Ni/CeO2 (hydrogenation) and the second step of Ni/tungstated zirconia (hydrodeoxygenation) led to complete deoxygenation, achieving 87.8% of the theoretical maximum yield of the oil phase product, which is slightly lower than the value of 91.1% for the combination of the first step of Pd/C (hydrogenation) and Ru/tungstated zirconia (hydrodeoxygenation). The roles of first-step hydrogenation were revealed as the hydrogenation of unsaturated furan rings and the hydrolysis of saturated furan rings.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.