Preparation of porous PtAuCu@Pt core-shell catalyst for application to oxygen reduction
- Preparation of porous PtAuCu@Pt core-shell catalyst for application to oxygen reduction
- 유성종; 이명재; 손연선; 정남기; 이수형; 남기석; 김필
- Issue Date
- Journal of industrial and engineering chemistry
- VOL 79-216
- Designing a Pt-based catalyst with high oxygen reduction reaction (ORR) performance is very important for the improvement of the economic feasibility of polymer electrolyte fuel cells. Herein, we suggest a method to prepare a Pt-based core-shell catalyst with high ORR activity and durability by galvanic displacement between Cu on a thermally annealed sample of (PtxAuy)1Cu5/C-HT and Pt ions. The resultant catalysts ((PtxAuy)1Cu5@Pt/C) showed a porous core– shell structure with a Pt-enriched surface. The composition of (PtxAuy)1Cu5/C-HT influenced the physical properties of the resultant (PtxAuy)1Cu5@Pt/C catalysts. (PtxAuy)1Cu5@Pt/C catalysts exhibited better ORR performance than a commercial Pt/C one and their performance varied with the composition. Among the catalysts examined, (Pt1Au0.1)1Cu5@Pt/C showed the best ORR activity. Specifically, it delivered a mass and specific activity of 0.660 mA/mgPGM and 1506.2 mA/cm2Pt at 0.9 V (vs. RHE), respectively. These are 2.7 and 4.2 times higher than corresponding values obtained for Pt/C. In an accelerated degradation test, addition of Au proved beneficial for the design of a highly durable catalyst. The effect of the Au content on the physical properties and ORR performance of catalysts was interpreted in detail.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.