Optimizing Image Focus for Shape From Focus Through Locally Weighted Non-Parametric Regression
- Optimizing Image Focus for Shape From Focus Through Locally Weighted Non-Parametric Regression
- 장훈석; Mannan Saeed Muhammad; Tae-Sun Choi
- Shape from Focus (SFF); 3D shape recovery; focus measure; focus curve; local regression
- Issue Date
- IEEE Access
- VOL 7-74400
- Shape from focus is a passive optical technique that uses multiple images with different focus
levels. To compute the sharpness of each pixel in the image sequence, obtained by translating the object plane at a constant step size along the optical axis, focus measure operators are used. However, the focus measure operators do not provide the accurate focus value of the center pixel due to information loss between consecutive frames. In this paper, a local regression is proposed as a new tting method for the focus curves. This method ts the focus curves, obtained by using one of the focus measure operators, by utilizing the weighted least squares regression as non-parametric regression. The experiments are performed on synthetic and real objects to demonstrate the effectiveness of the proposed method.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.