MALDI-TOF Mass Spectrometry Based on Parylene-Matrix Chip for the Analysis of Lysophosphatidylcholine in Sepsis Patient Sera
- MALDI-TOF Mass Spectrometry Based on Parylene-Matrix Chip for the Analysis of Lysophosphatidylcholine in Sepsis Patient Sera
- 강민정; Jong-Min Park; Joo-Yoon Noh; Moon-Ju Kim; Tae Gyeong Yun; Sang-Guk Lee; Kyung Soo Chung; Eun Hye Lee; Mi Hwa Shin; Nam Su Ku; Sohee Yoon; Moo Suk Park; Jae-Chul Pyun
- MALDI-TOF MS; Parylene-Matrix Chip; LPC; Sepsis Patiient
- Issue Date
- Analytical chemistry
- VOL 91, NO 22-14727
- In this work, medical diagnosis of sepsis was conducted via quantitative analysis of lysophosphatidylcholine 16:0 (LPC 16:0) by using matrix-assisted laser desorption ionization time-of-flight (MALDI-TOF) mass spectrometry based on a parylene-matrix chip. In the first step, specific mass peaks for the diagnosis of sepsis were searched by comparing MALDI-TOF mass spectra of sepsis patient sera with healthy controls and pneumonia patient sera. Two mass peaks at m/z = 496.3 and 518.3 were chosen as those that are specifically different for sepsis sera to compare with healthy controls and pneumonia patient sera. These mass peaks were identified to be protonated and sodium adducts of LPC 16:0 by using tandem mass spectra (MS2 and MS3) of purely synthesized LPC 16:0 and extracted LPC 16:0 from a healthy control and a sepsis patient. In the next step, a standard curve for LPC 16:0 for the quantitative analysis of LPC 16:0 with MALDI-TOF MS based on the parylene-matrix chip was prepared, and the statistical correlation to the LC-MS analysis results was demonstrated by using the Bland– Altman test and Passing– Bablok regression. Finally, MALDI-TOF MS based on the parylene-matrix chip was used for the quantification of LPC 16:0 with sera from patients with severe sepsis and septic shock (n = 143), pneumonia patients (n = 12), and healthy sera (n = 31). The sensitivity and the selectivity of medical diagnosis of sepsis was estimated to be 97.9% and 95.5% by using MALDI-TOF MS based on the parylene-matrix chip, respectively.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.