An Hetero-Epitaxially Grown Zeolite Membrane
- An Hetero-Epitaxially Grown Zeolite Membrane
- 최낙원; 정양환; 홍성원; 장은희; 김은주; Hionsuck Baik; Alex C. K. Yip; 최정규
- Issue Date
- Angewandte Chemie international edition
- VOL 58, NO 51-18662
- The secondary growth methodology to form zeolite membranes has stringent requirements for homogeneous epitaxial intergrowth of the seed layer and limits the number of accessible high‐ quality zeolite membranes. Despite previous reports on hetero‐ epitaxial growth, high‐ performance zeolite membranes have yet to be reported using this approach. Here, the successful hetero‐ epitaxial growth of highly siliceous ZSM‐ 58 (DDR‐ type zeolite) films from a SSZ‐ 13 (CHA‐ type zeolite) seed layer is reported. The resulting membranes show excellent CO2 perm‐ selectivities, having maximum CO2  /N2 and CO2  /CH4 separation factors (SFs) as high as about 17 and 279, respectively, at 30  °C. Furthermore, the hybrid membrane maintains the CO2 perm‐ selectivity in the presence of water vapor (the third main component in both cases), that is, CO2  /N2 SF of about 14 and CO2  /CH4 SF of about 78, respectively, at 50  °C (a representative temperature of both CO2‐ containing streams).
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.