Experimental and Theoretical Investigation of the In0.53Ga0.47As)1-z(In0.52Al0.48As)z Digital Alloy
- Experimental and Theoretical Investigation of the In0.53Ga0.47As)1-z(In0.52Al0.48As)z Digital Alloy
- 송진동; Duchang Heo; Guang-Hoon Kim
- Semiconductor; Optical devices; Material growth; Digital alloy
- Issue Date
- Journal of the Korean Physical Society
- VOL 60, NO 7-1230
- We investigate experimentally and theoretically the band structure of the (In0.53Ga0.47As)1− z (In0.52Al0.48As)z digital alloy grown by using molecular beam epitaxy as a function of z, where z is defined by the thickness fraction of the InGaAs and the InAlAs layers lattice-matched to InP. To calculate the band structures of the InGaAs/InAlAs digital alloy, we used the 4 × 4 k·p method; then, we compared these band structures with the photoluminescence experimental results. These experimental and theoretical results show that the InGaAs/InAlAs digital alloy not only can contribute to the method of band-gap engineering by using various types of thickness combinations but also can cover the wavelength gap of 1.2 μm (1.1 μm (GaAs) < λ < 1.3 μm (InP)), that only the quantum dot can cover. We also propose a quantum-well structure that is able to cover the wavelength gap.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.