High-rate lithium storage and kinetic investigations of a cubic Mn2SnO4@Carbon nanotube composite anode
- High-rate lithium storage and kinetic investigations of a cubic Mn2SnO4@Carbon nanotube composite anode
- 하흥용; 정경윤; 김상옥; 굴람 알리; 쉬라즈; 무하마드 아크바; Mashkoor Ahmad
- Issue Date
- Journal of alloys and compounds
- VOL 823, 153789
- To solve battery performance problems, the development of novel materials with excellent electrochemical properties is urgently needed. In this study, a facile hydrothermal method was used to synthesize tri-component Mn2SnO4 anchored on carbon nanotubes (Mn2SnO4@MWCNTs) composite materials with cubic particles and high porosity. The structure and composition of the composite materials were analyzed using microscopic techniques. The composite anode material has a high lithium storage capacity of 1120 mAh g− 1 (@ 0.05 C) and good stability at high rates of up to 10.0 C. The kinetic properties during the electrochemical reaction were also investigated. The synergistic effects of the composite anode enable faster charge transfer as evidenced by impedance spectroscopy, which shows that the composite electrode has a charge transfer resistance of 56 Ω, whereas that of the bare Mn2SnO4 electrode is 88 Ω. The enhanced electrochemical performance of the Mn2SnO4@MWCNTs anode is attributed to the mesoporous structure and the addition of MWCNTs, which enable faster insertion/extraction of Li+ ions into/from the material.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.