Partially-depleted SONOS FinFET for unified RAM (URAM) - unified function for high speed 1T DRAM and nonvolatile memory
- Partially-depleted SONOS FinFET for unified RAM (URAM) - unified function for high speed 1T DRAM and nonvolatile memory
- 임매순; 한진우; 류승완; 김청진; 김성호; 최성진; 김진수; 김광희; 이기성; 오재섭; 송명호; 박윤창; 김정우; 최양규
- Issue Date
- IEEE Electron Device Letters
- VOL 29, NO 7-783
- Unified random access memory (URAM) is demonstrated for the first time. The novel partially depleted (PD) SONOS FinFET provides unified function of a high-speed capacitorless 1T DRAM and a nonvolatile memory (NVM). The combination of an oxide/nitride/oxide (O/N/O) layer and a floating-body facilitates URAM operation in PD SONOS FinFETs. An NVM function is achieved by FN tunneling into the O/N/O stack and, a 1T-DRAM function is achieved by excessive-hole accumulation in the PD body. The fabricated PD SONOS FinFET shows retention time exceeding 10 years for NVM operation and program/erase time below 6 ns for 1T-DRAM in a single-cell transistor. These two memory functions are guaranteed without disturbance between them.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.