Enhanced Photocatalytic Activity of Ultrathin Ba5Nb4O15 Two-Dimensional Nanosheets
- Enhanced Photocatalytic Activity of Ultrathin Ba5Nb4O15 Two-Dimensional Nanosheets
- 박상백; 송희조; 이찬우; Sung Won Hwang; 조인선
- Issue Date
- ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces
- VOL 7, NO 39-21867
- Anisotropic two-dimensional (2D) nanosheets of the layered perovskite, Ba5Nb4O15, with thicknesses of 5-10 nm and lateral sizes of 300-1200 nm, were synthesized by a hydrothermal route. The influences of the 2D morphology of the material on the crystal and electronic structures, light absorption properties, and photocatalytic activity were investigated. The ultrathin nanosheets showed much-enhanced photocatalytic activity compared to both thick nanosheets (similar to 30 nm) and micrometer-sized particles for the evolution of H-2 from water splitting under UV light illumination. This enhanced activity is predominantly attributed to the larger surface area, higher optical absorption, and charge separation ability of the 2D nanosheet, which results from the variation of the local crystal structure arising from the ultrathin morphology of the Ba5Nb4O15.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.