Role of CdSe and CdSe@ZnS quantum dots interlayers conjugated in inverted polymer solar cells
- Role of CdSe and CdSe@ZnS quantum dots interlayers conjugated in inverted polymer solar cells
- 손동익; 박영재; 임거환; 이규승; 서해운; 김상욱; 김민주; 이연진; 이홍석
- CdSe; Quantum dots; Inverted polymer solar cells; Carrier transport; Energy level alignment; Resonance energy transfer
- Issue Date
- Organic electronics
- VOL 82, 105707
- We demonstrate the use of CdSe quantum dots (QDs) as an interlayer for improving photovoltaic performance in the inverted polymer solar cells (iPSCs). The conjugation of CdSe and CdSe@ZnS core@shell QDs between polyethylenimine ethoxylated (PEIE) polymer and PTB7:PC71BM blended layer played an important role in increasing the short circuit current density by Fö rster resonance energy transfer (FRET) and efficient charge transport. The drastic mutual photoluminescence quenching suggests that the photon energy absorbed by PTB7:PC71BM are effectively transferred to the QDs. The PTB7:PC71BM based iPSCs with the CdSe QDs interlayer exhibits higher power conversion efficiency of 8.13%, which is 13.4% higher than that of the control device. The iPSCs with CdSe@ZnS QDs interlayer showed relatively lower PCE of 7.31%, which could be due to an increase in carrier recombination inside QDs by relatively high energy level of ZnS shell. As a consequence, the enhanced photovoltaic performance of iPSCs with CdSe QDs interlayer can be attributed to an effective charge transport and an increase in the overall photocurrent by FRET.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.