Area-Type Electronic Bipolar Resistive Switching of Pt/Al2O3/Si3N3.0/Ti with FormingFree, SelfRectification, and Nonlinear Characteristics
- Area-Type Electronic Bipolar Resistive Switching of Pt/Al2O3/Si3N3.0/Ti with FormingFree, SelfRectification, and Nonlinear Characteristics
- 윤정호; 권대은; 김지훈; 권영재; 우경석; 황철성
- Issue Date
- Physica status solidi. Rapid Research Letters : PSS.
- VOL 2020, 2000209
- Herein, electronic bipolar resistive switching of Pt/Al2O3/Si3N3.0/Ti device isinvestigated. The Pt/Si3N3.0/Ti device demonstrates bipolar resistive switchingwith set (reset) at negative (positive) bias, and the mechanism is revealed tobe that the conduction  lament, formed by percolation of the traps in defectivesilicon nitride thin  lm, is involved in the resistive switching. However, instead ofthe conduction  lament, trapping and detrapping of the electrons in the trap sitesof Si3N3.0become the dominant switching mechanism by introducing an Al2O3barrier layer between Pt and Si3N3.0, and the device has forming-free, self-rectifying, and nonlinear characteristics, which are necessary to the cross-bararray (CBA) con guration. The optimized thickness of the Al2O3barrier layeris 4 nm. A detailed electrical analysis is performed to identify the switchingmechanism of the device. Also, the read/write margin is calculated using Hsimulation program with integrated circuit emphasis (HSPICE) to estimate theavailable CBA cell size.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.