Binder-assisted electrostatic spray deposition of LiCoO2 and graphite films on coplanar interdigitated electrodes for flexible/wearable lithium-ion batteries
- Binder-assisted electrostatic spray deposition of LiCoO2 and graphite films on coplanar interdigitated electrodes for flexible/wearable lithium-ion batteries
- 정경윤; 민병철; 정지원; 박희겸; 이수찬; 전성찬
- Flexible battery; Electrostatic spray deposition; Interdigitated electrode; Coplanar electrode; Lithium ion battery
- Issue Date
- Journal of power sources
- VOL 472, 228573
- Flexible battery technologies have lately attracted much attention in the field of wearable electronics. A coplanar interdigitated electrode design encompasses the merits of bending tolerance and increased kinetics owing to shortened diffusion length for applications in these batteries. However, the fabrication of a coplanar patterned electrode remains a challenge because the conventional slurry casting method is unsuitable. In this study, we present a new process to prepare an interdigitated coplanar electrode using binder-assisted electrostatic spray deposition (ESD) without vacuum or high-cost techniques. Using the binder-assisted ESD method, it is possible to deposit powder of any type or size. Moreover, this approach is versatile and universal for application to the design of any coplanar cell configuration and is achieved using a binder-assisted dispersion method based on a commercially available active material. A full-cell flexible battery is fabricated with a coplanar interdigitated electrode using a LiCoO2 cathode and graphite anode. The low cost, simplicity, efficacy, and flexibility of this method are very promising attributes in the design and fabrication of flexible/wearable batteries.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.