Investigation of support effect in atomically dispersed Pt on WO3-x for high utilization of Pt in hydrogen evolution reaction
- Investigation of support effect in atomically dispersed Pt on WO3-x for high utilization of Pt in hydrogen evolution reaction
- 장종현; Jinkyu Park; Seonggyu Lee; Hee-Eun Kim; Ara Cho; Seongbeen Kim; Youngjin Ye; Jeong Woo Han; Hyunjoo Lee; Jinwoo Lee
- Issue Date
- Angewandte Chemie international edition
- VOL 58-16042
- Singleatom catalysts (SACs) have attracted growing attention because they maximize the number of active sites, with unpredictable catalytic activity. Despite numerous studies on SACs, there is little research on the support, which is essential to understanding SAC. Herein, we systematically investigated the influence of the support on the performance of the SAC by comparing with singleatom Pt supported on carbon (Pt SA/C) and Pt nanoparticles supported on WO3？x (Pt NP/WO3？x). The results revealed that the support effect was maximized for atomically dispersed Pt supported on WO3？x (Pt SA/WO3？x). The Pt SA/WO3？x exhibited a higher degree of hydrogen spillover from Pt atoms to WO3？x at the interface, compared with Pt NP/WO3？x, which drastically enhanced Pt mass activity for hydrogen evolution (up to 10 times). This strategy provides a new framework for enhancing catalytic activity for HER, by reducing noble metal usage in the field of SACs.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.