Enhanced pyroelectric response from domain-engineered lead-free (K0.5Bi0.5TiO3-BaTiO3)-Na0.5Bi0.5TiO3 ferroelectric ceramics
- Enhanced pyroelectric response from domain-engineered lead-free (K0.5Bi0.5TiO3-BaTiO3)-Na0.5Bi0.5TiO3 ferroelectric ceramics
- 송현철; Yunseok Kim; Atul Thakre; Deepam Maurya; Do YoenKim; Panithan Sriboriboon; Il-Ryeol Yoo; Shashank Priya; Kyung-Hoon Cho; Jungho Ryu
- Issue Date
- Journal of the European Ceramic Society
- VOL 41, NO 4-2532
- Enhanced pyroelectric response is achieved via domain engineering from  grain-oriented, tetragonal-phase, lead-free 0.2(2/3K0.5Bi0.5TiO3-1/3BaTiO3)-0.8Na0.5Bi0.5TiO3 (KBT-BT-NBT) ceramics prepared by a templated grain growth method. The  crystallographic orientation leads to large polarization in tetragonal symmetry; therefore, texturing along this direction is employed to enhance the pyroelectricity. X-ray diffraction analysis revealed a Lotgering factor (degree of texturing) of 93 % along the  crystallographic direction. The textured KBT-BT-NBT lead-free ceramics showed comparable pyroelectric figures of merit to those of lead-based ferroelectric materials at room temperature (RT). In addition to the enhanced pyroelectric response at RT, an enormous enhancement in the pyroelectric response (from 1750 to 90,900 ？C m？2 K ？1 ) was achieved at the depolarization temperature because of the sharp ferroelectric to antiferroelectric phase transition owing to coherent 180° domain switching. These results will motivate the development of a wide range of lead-free pyroelectric devices,
such as thermal sensors and infra-red detectors.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.