Optical properties of coherent InAs/InGaAs quantum dash-in-a-well for strong 2 μm emission enabled by ripening process
- Optical properties of coherent InAs/InGaAs quantum dash-in-a-well for strong 2 μm emission enabled by ripening process
- 최원준; 정대환; 안대환; 류근환; 라파엘 추
- Issue Date
- Journal of alloys and compounds
- VOL 859, 157783
- We report molecular beam epitaxy of InAs quantum dash-in-a-well (DWELL) on InP for 2 mm wavelength emission using intentional ripening. By inserting the quantum dashes into a 10 nm InGaAs quantum well and employing 60 s of ripening, a ground state emission wavelength of 2 mm with an improved photoluminescence (PL) intensity and small linewidth of 67 meV was achieved. Morphological transformation towards taller and shorter nanostructures was observed for the optimized InAs/InGaAs DWELLs. Buried quantum dashes imaged by transmission electron microscopy were 26.7 nm wide in the  direction and 4.5 nm tall without misfit dislocations. Temperature-dependent PL measurement revealed no evidence of charge carrier trapping at low temperatures and yielded low thermal activation energies of 19 meV and 161 meV. InAs DWELL with enhanced optical properties enabled by ripening is promising for next-generation short-wavelength infrared lasers on InP.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.