Highly Enhanced Curie Temperature in Ga-Implanted Fe3GeTe2 van der Waals Material
- Highly Enhanced Curie Temperature in Ga-Implanted Fe3GeTe2 van der Waals Material
- 최준우; Memgmeng Yang; Qian Li; Rajesh V. Chopdekar; Camelia Stan; Stefano Cabrini; Sheng Wang; Tianye Wang; Nan Gao; Andreas Scholl; Nobumichi Tamura; Chanyong Hwang; Feng Wang; Ziqiang Qiu
- Issue Date
- Advanced quantum technologies
- VOL 3, NO 4, 2000017
- Among many efforts in the research of van der Waals (vdW) magnetic materials, increasing the Curie temperature above room temperature has been at the center of research in developing spintronics technology using vdW materials. Here an effective and reliable method of increasing the Curie temperature of ferromagnetic Fe3GeTe2 vdW materials by Ga implantation is reported. It is found that implanting Ga into Fe3GeTe2 by the amount of 10？3 Ga ？？3 could greatly enhance the Fe3GeTe2 Curie temperature by almost 100%. Spatially resolved microdiffraction and elementresolved Xray absorption spectroscopy show little changes in the Fe3GeTe2 crystal structure and Fe valence state. In addition, the Ga implantation changes the Fe3GeTe2 magnetization from outofplane direction at low temperature to inplane direction at high temperature. The result opens a new opportunity for tailoring the magnetic properties of vdW materials beyond room temperature.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.