Nano structured phases of galium oxide (GaOOH, α-Ga2O3, β-Ga2O3, γ-Ga2O3, δ-Ga2O3 and ε-Ga2O3): fabrication, structural, and electronic structure investigations
- Nano structured phases of galium oxide (GaOOH, α-Ga2O3, β-Ga2O3, γ-Ga2O3, δ-Ga2O3 and ε-Ga2O3): fabrication, structural, and electronic structure investigations
- 채근화; 원성옥; Aditya Sharma; Mayora Varshney; Himani Saraswat; Surekha Chaudhary; Jai Parkash; Hyun-Joon Shin
- gallium oxide; XRD; XAS; Polymorphs
- Issue Date
- International Nano Letters
- VOL 10-79
- Regardless of much curiosity in the synthesis and diversifying properties of the polymorphs of gallium oxide, they are still unrevealed due to their nanoscale size and structural disorders. In this study, convincing methods have been applied to achieve various phases of gallium oxide (i.e., GaOOH, α-Ga2O3, β-Ga2O3, γ-Ga2O3, δ-Ga2O3, and ε-Ga2O3). X-ray diffraction (XRD) along with Rietveld refinement has been employed to investigate the structural parameters of barely reported phases. Transmission electron microscopy (TEM) images reveal the impact of the protocols of chemical synthesis on the morphology/size of the polymorphs of gallium oxide. Mechanistic discussion on the formation of nano-rod morphology in some of the phases (GaOOH and α-Ga2O3) and nano-particle morphology in other (β-Ga2O3, γ-Ga2O3, δ-Ga2O3 and ε-Ga2O3) phases is also provided by considering the experimental parameters. The existence of Ga3+ ions and their local hybridization with the oxygen is investigated using the X-ray absorption spectroscopy (XAS) at Ga K-edge and conveyed the phase dependence on the hybridization of frontier orbitals.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.