Valence State and Co-ordination of Implanted Ions in MgO
- Valence State and Co-ordination of Implanted Ions in MgO
- 채근화; B. Kaur; R. Bhardwaj; J. P. Singh; K. Asokan; N. Goyal; S. Gautam
- Valence State; radio frequency (RF) sputtering; transition metal (TM) ion; ion implantation; coordination number; electronic structure
- Issue Date
- AIP Conference Proceedings
- VOL 2220-090003
- MgO thin films are grown on Si(100)-substrate by radio frequency (RF) sputtering technique and then implanted with transition metal (TM) ions i.e. Co, Cu and Ni. The ion implantation is performed at 100 keV with five fluences of 1 x 1015 (1E15), 5 x 1015 (5E15), 1 x 1016 (1E16), 2.5 x 1016 (2.5E16) and 5 x 1016 (5E16) ions/cm2, respectively. Stopping and Range of Ions in Matter (SRIM) calculations and Transport of Ions in Matter (TRIM) simulations are performed to estimate the doping concentration, average vacancy/ion, projected range etc. for implanted ions. These calculations are further cross-checked using high resolution transmission electron microscopy (HRTEM) studies. X-ray absorption spectroscopy (XAS) measurements performed at metal K and L3,2 -edges reveal the valance state, co-ordination number to explore the electronic structure of modified MgO matrix.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Conference Paper
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.