Rashba Effect in Functional Spintronic Devices
- Rashba Effect in Functional Spintronic Devices
- 구현철; 최준우; 박태언; 김경환; 김한성; 박은상; 홍익선; 김성빈; 고경춘; 오정현; 이동규; 이경진
- Rashba effect; spintronic device; spin transistor; spin-orbit torque
- Issue Date
- Advanced materials
- VOL 32, NO 51-2002117-19
- Exploiting spin transport increases the functionality of electronic devices and enables such devices to overcome physical limitations related to speed and power. Utilizing the Rashba effect at the interface of heterostructures provides promising opportunities toward the development of highperformance devices because it enables electrical control of the spin information. Herein, the focus is mainly on progress related to the two most compelling devices that exploit the Rashba effect: spin transistors and spin？orbit torque devices. For spin fieldeffect transistors, the gatevoltage manipulation of the Rashba effect and subsequent control of the spin precession are discussed, including for allelectric spin fieldeffect transistors. For spin？orbit torque devices, recent theories and experiments on interfacegenerated spin current are discussed. The future directions of manipulating the Rashba effect to realize fully integrated spin logic and memory devices are also discussed.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.