Optimized Immobilization Strategy for Dirhodium (II) Carboxylate Catalysts for C？ H Functionalization and Their Implementation in a Packed Bed Flow Reactor
- Optimized Immobilization Strategy for Dirhodium (II) Carboxylate Catalysts for C？ H Functionalization and Their Implementation in a Packed Bed Flow Reactor
- 유천재; Taylor A. Hatridge; Wenbin Liu; Huw M. L. Davies; Christopher W. Jones
- Issue Date
- Angewandte Chemie international edition
- VOL 59, NO 44-19531
- Herein we demonstrate a packed bed flow reactor capable of achieving highly regio- and stereoselective C@H functionalization reactions using a newly developed Rh2(S-2-Cl-5-CF3TPCP)4 catalyst. To optimize the immobilized dirhodium catalyst employed in the flow reactor, we systematically study both (i) the effects of ligand immobilization position, demonstrating the critical factor that the catalyst-support attachment location can have on the catalyst performance, and (ii) silica support mesopore length, demonstrating that decreasing diffusional limitations leads to increased accessibility of the active site and higher catalyst turnover frequency. We employ the immobilized dirhodium catalyst in a simple packed bed flow reactor achieving comparable yields and
levels of enantioselectivity to the homogeneous catalyst employed in batch and maintain this performance over ten catalyst recycles.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.